Knowledge is power. Knowing where to find bargains and how to save is money in your fist!
If you want to save money, here are some little known facts that will give you a saving edge.
- You can get 10 minutes of free talk to landlines in 55 countries and with cell phones in some countries through Freephone2phone.com.
- Left over pickle juice whisked with a little mayonnaise makes a great low-cost salad dressing.
- When you buy clothes, you can also get the hangers with them if you ask. Why buy fancy hangrs?
- Pouring a kettle-full of boiling water down your drains each month prevents clogs and plumber costs.
- Rental car companies give great discounts each spring to move their fleets back north from Florida–or back to Florida in the late fall. You might travel one-way for $5 a day and have no drop off charges.
- You can buy a solar grill that uses the sun’s rays instead of propane fuel.
- Biodegradable coffins and eco-friendly burials cost about 2/3s less than traditional burials.
- Convection ovens use less time and less energy to cook than conventional ovens/stoves.
- Stick shifts save up to 5 miles per gallon over automatic transmissions.
- You can get better mileage with cruise control than with your foot.
- Some ophthalmologists will give free eye exams to people over 65. Check it out at EyeCareAmerica.org.
- A missing or improperly fitting gas cap can reduce your mileage up to 10%.
- Some insurance companies offer you a discount for having a monitoring device that verifies low mileage or safe driving habits put on your car.
- You might save .25% of your loan interest by having loan payments automatically deducted from your bank account.
- The new health care law provides free preventative medical testing by participating Medicare providers. Check with your doctor.
- Federal law mandates that any licensed pharmacy, including those in warehouse clubs, must sell to any customer.
Did you know these facts?
Now you do! Go out and save.
Share and Enjoy